list subject

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 11 23:03:02 UTC 2007

> I'm never particularly interested in which list has how many emails or
> seeing unrelated folder structure.

Not unrelated. I have, say, a folder for all lists Fedora, under which I
have a list, devel, announce, desktop etc. folder for each fedora list.
Similar for ubuntu, mac, KDE etc.

To have all these merged into a single folder. Makes no sense to me.

>> I simply cannot imagine any system being more efficient than this,
>
> Don't you still have to visit each folder if you actually want to read
> the mail or even see the subjects?

yes but come on - If this takes a significant fraction of the time it
takes you to read your email, then you need a better email reader...

> And I don't have much use for a list of folders hiding the contents that
> I want to read.

My system does not hide any content at all. It simple sorts it for me.

Each to their own...

Chris