f8: NFS mount problem in rescue mode

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Wed Dec 12 18:27:16 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 11:02 +0100, Dario Lesca wrote:
> If I boot Fedora 8 with DVD in rescue mode I can't mount a NFS share.
>
> The problem also happened if I use Fedora 7 Respin, but NON if I use
> Fedora 7 std. or Fedora Core [6-1].
>
> If I boot with options rescue + askmetod then do an NFS install,
> Anaconda mount /mnt/source correctly, but from shell if I try to mount
> another NFS share the mount not work

Can you please specify what "not work" means?  What error messages are
you seeing?

If you're trying this via rescue mode, the odds are that a) the network
isn't started, b) your IP address isn't set properly, or c) the DNS
system isn't responding so you're getting "unknown host" errors.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-         Microsoft Windows:  Proof that P.T. Barnum was right       -