fedora and notebooks?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Dec 13 13:22:27 UTC 2007

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Jan Brosius wrote:

> Hello, I plan to buy a notebook. This is my first notebook. Besides
> Windows I'd like to install also fedora 8. Can anyone tell me if
> fedora recognizes the touchpad of the notebook. If so does fedora
> also recognise an additional USB mouse?

you'd really need to be more specific to get a more specific answer.
but, on a more general note, it would be absolutely astonishing if any
established linux distribution didn't have support for something as
basic as the touchpad, or an additional USB mouse.

you might have issues with, say, wireless support based on the chip,
but anything as fundamental as what you're asking about should be
fairly safe, i would think.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA