fedora and notebooks?

Terry Polzin foxec208 at wowway.com
Thu Dec 13 19:19:45 UTC 2007

On Thursday 13 December 2007 08:20:52 Jan Brosius wrote:
> Hello, I plan to buy a notebook. This is my first notebook. Besides
> Windows I'd like to install also fedora 8.
> Can anyone tell me if fedora recognizes the touchpad of the notebook. If
> so does fedora also recognise an additional USB mouse?
>
> Any help appreciated
> Jan

I guess I'll weigh in here too.

Generally speaking, there's been touchpad support for as long as I can
remember back to the RH7,8,9 days and prior. USB mouse is there also and both
do work at the same time.  As others have suggested, you may want to tweak
the pad a bit.  I've also had no problems with a wireless USB mouse.

As others have also mentioned wireless, modems, sound and misc. keyboard
functions will all be ruled by support of their chipsets.

As always, YMMV