email server appliance

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Dec 13 22:58:07 UTC 2007

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Dan McCullough wrote:
>> Looking for a low cost/small business solution for email, I've been
>> all over google and I really can't find any that dont seem to be
>> enterprise edition systems.
>> Anyone have any suggestions on where to look?
>

> SME server (http://www.contribs.org) should work for anything small
> enough to add all the users through a web interface.  It's more than an
> email server but you can use the rest or not.  You aren't likely to find
> anything easier to manage as long as you don't need to do additional
> customization.

clarkconnect is my favourite.

If you're happy to use Debian, google for stuff including the word
perfect, there's a howto site that uses "perfect" in its description.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=perfect+email+server&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

This is fourth:
http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8100

I don't think all the documents specify debian, but many do.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait