[FC8] SElinux - AVC Denial Messages... what is it???

Deepak Shrestha d88pak at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 07:48:53 UTC 2007

Hi

I am getting the AVC Denial message from SELinux everytime I use any
piece of program. These are some:

===================================
Summary
SELinux is preventing /usr/lib/openoffice.org/program/scalc.bin from
changing the access protection of memory on the heap.
------------------------------
Allowing Access
If you want /usr/lib/openoffice.org/program/scalc.bin to continue, you
must turn on the allow_execheap boolean. Note: This boolean will
affect all applications on the system.The following command will allow
this access:setsebool -P allow_execheap=1
===================================
Summary
SELinux is preventing /usr/lib/firefox-2.0.0.8/firefox-bin from
relocation.
---------------------------------
Allowing Access
If you trust /usr/lib/firefox-2.0.0.8/plugins/nppdf.so to run
correctly, you can change the file context to textrel_shlib_t. "chcon
-t textrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/firefox-2.0.0.8/plugins/nppdf.so" You must
also change the default file context files on the system in order to
preserve them even on a full relabel. "semanage fcontext -a -t
textrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/firefox-2.0.0.8/plugins/nppdf.so"The
following command will allow this access:chcon -t textrel_shlib_t
/usr/lib/firefox-2.0.0.8/plugins/nppdf.so
===================================
Summary
SELinux is preventing /usr/bin/konqueror from changing the access
protection of memory on the heap.
Allowing Access
If you want /usr/bin/konqueror to continue, you must turn on the
allow_execheap boolean. Note: This boolean will affect all
applications on the system.The following command will allow this
access:setsebool -P allow_execheap=1

So what are all these messages?? and should I allow this action as suggested???

Thanks