F8 install failure again & again

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sun Dec 16 14:28:06 UTC 2007

> It used to be that PATA was not SATA was not SCSI was not USB, and we could
> distinguish which was which by their names. Now since libata, PATA = SATA =

Trouble is USB is SCSI over a different cable, ATAPI is SCSI over an ATA
cable, SATA is PATA over a different wire and often you can't tell one
from the other (or people use PATA/SATA bridges)...

If your rootfs is labelled rather than /dev/hd* it should all just work,
and it should certainly load the ata_piix module into the initrd.

Can you send me an lspci -vvxxx of the system.