Simple Howto

Eugene Poole etpoole at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 17 00:05:17 UTC 2007

I'm looking for some reasonably simple instructions on gettting Tomcat
and Apache working together.

Here's whare I'm at now:

   1. Ever since I learned how to do LVM, that's what I use.
   2. I've always installed the Sun Java at the completion of the
      standard install, and I've installed it at /usr/java with a 4-GB
      file system
   3. I always have installed Tomcat in /usr/tomcat with a 2-GB file system
   4. I always installed Apache HTTPD in /usr/apache
   5. I have always let Apache and Tomcat place their docroots on
      /usr/apache
   6. I run Oracle 10g on this machine as the standard DBMS.

I want to add Fedora DS, Eclipse, and JBoss to my environment - AFTER I
get my original question solved.  I'm open to altering where the above
mentioned pieces of software are located.  I am open to doing a fresh
install on this machine of Fedora 8.

What are some ideas?

TIA,
Gene