how to disable system beep

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Dec 17 06:40:00 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 14:47 -0800, Konstantin Svist wrote:
> I think you're asking how to redirect all of the pc speaker sounds to
> the sound card. I'd also like to know :)

Can you open your PC case?  If so, look for the beeper/speaker, if it's
plugged in, unplug it.  Find a patch lead to go between the beeper pins
and a spare input on your sound card.  If it's possible to do this on
your computer, and you don't have an appropriate cable, any decent
computer shop ought to be able to help you.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.