F8 install failure again & again

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:12:13 UTC 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 10:55 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda at ij.net> wrote:
> On 2007/12/17 01:33 (GMT-0500) Felix Miata apparently typed:
>
> > On 2007/12/16 14:28 (GMT) Alan Cox apparently typed:
>
> >> Felix Miata wrote:
>

> Other than trying rawhide, I'm really out of ideas now. :-(

Hi Felix Miata!

I would be Googling my Mother Board - HD controller - South Bridge
chipset - and BIOS along with Fedora 8.  Also you have a lot  of DEBUG
and WARNING lines in your Ananconda log files - many apparently
referencing trouble talking with your disk.  I would copy an
identifying part of many of those messages (try to make it less than 7
words or 35 characters) along with "Fedora 8". or "Linux".

Other than that you could try unpacking the install script, I think I
would look for a section called "mpaths" asking what would make it go
there.

One other silly thought, is there a BIOS upgrade available?

Good Hunting - I admire your dedication!

Tod