WiFi profiles and devices

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Dec 18 18:27:09 UTC 2007

How does one set up and use /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles?
I've always wondered, but as I've just gone over to Fedora-8
on this laptop, and the directories /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles
and /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices are both bare,
this might be a good time to start.

I should say that I am not running NetworkManager,
as it does not support my WiFi device.

As far as I can see, WiFi only looks at
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth?
I find editing this works fine for me,
so my interest in profiles is purely academic.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366