F8 install failure again & again

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Wed Dec 19 15:20:00 UTC 2007

On 2007/12/19 09:57 (GMT-0500) Timothy Murphy apparently typed:

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> Tried the KDE CD last night, which convinced me the problem has to be
>> Anaconda,

> Do you mean the KDE CD did, or did not, work?

The fact that the KDE CD worked convinced me the problem had to be Anaconda.

Now that Yum has given me a fully functional F8, the question is whether to
file an Anaconda bug. I'd hoped to try current Rawhide before doing that, but
have had no success in locating any files necessary to initiate a Rawhide
installation. None of the 10 or so mirrors I checked contain Rawhide versions
of images/ or isolinux/.
--
"   Our Constitution was made only for a moral
and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409