kgpg default key

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Dec 19 23:31:39 UTC 2007

Doncho N. Gunchev wrote:

>> > When I run "kgpg" (part of kdeutils on my Fedora-8 system)
>> > I am asked to enter "Your default key".
>> > I've no idea what this is,
>> > and there is nothing in the Help/Handbook on this point.
>> >
>> > Any enlightenment gratefully received.
>>
>> Full disclosure: I know very little about kgpg (but I am pretty
>> familiar with gpg in general).  Take this as an educated guess.
>>
>> The default key should be the secret key you want to use by default.
>> If you have only one secret key on your keyring, then specify that as
>> your default key.
>>

> You are correct. If needed, one can change the default key later by
> right-clicking on any key (he owns) and selecting "Set As Default Key".

Thanks.
I found in the end that if I simply ignored the question
all went well.
I'm slightly puzzled by this - as far as I can see
the wizard that asks this question only comes up
if one _doesn't_ have a key set.

If you actually have a default key the wizard does not come up,
so the question seems sort of pointless.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366