About japanese character set and language package

王鹏 forwangpeng at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 03:26:03 UTC 2007

There is a cvs server running on my FC7, the japanese named files are commit
by cvs users.

If I copy a japanese char from firefox, and use it as a file name, I can
view this file name correctly on FC7,but I cann't view this file name
correctly on Windows XP;
If the file is commit by cvs user from Windows XP, I can't view file name
correctly on FC7(on Windows XP, japanese character is shift-jis, on FC7
japanese character is utf8 or ujis, I think I need sjis(shift-jis)).
where could I get or find this package?

2007/12/20, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com>:

> ÍõÅô wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have a problem about japanese character set and language package.
> >
> > In my Fedora core 7, this are some files,their name are japanese,and I
> > can't view their name correctly in Windows XP.
> > use `locale -a | grep j`, I find:
> > ja_JP
> > ja_JP.eucjp
> > ja_JP.ujis
> > ja_JP.utf8
> > japanese
> > japanese.euc
> >
> > in my FC7.
> >
> > If I want to view their name correctly in Windows XP, I need Shift-JIS
> > japanese language package for FC7, is that right?
> > and I find a package "fonts-japanese-0.20061016-6.fc7.noarch.rpm" in the
> > FC7 install DVD, but it seems there isn't a Shift-JIS language package
> > contained.
> > where could I get or find this package?
> >
> > Any help you can provide in clearing this up would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> How were the file names created?  AFAIK, Windows XP uses utf8 just fine
> and
> I can create a file with a name of œi¹È in my RHELv4 system and view it
> without problem in Windows XP with the file being accessible via a samba
> share.
>

> --

ÒÔÉÏ¡£
ÍõÅô