kgpg default key

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Dec 20 04:33:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 23:31 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I found in the end that if I simply ignored the question
> all went well.
> I'm slightly puzzled by this - as far as I can see
> the wizard that asks this question only comes up
> if one _doesn't_ have a key set.
>
> If you actually have a default key the wizard does not come up,
> so the question seems sort of pointless.

The point is to ask you to set a default key.  If you have one set, what
would be the point in asking you to set one?  If you don't, you now have
the opportunity to set yours.  Whether that just be setting your key in,
or picking which of your keys is default (if you have several).

You don't have to.  You don't have to have a default key.  You can pick
a key to use each time it comes to signing/encrypting something.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.