About japanese character set and language package

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Dec 20 05:37:02 UTC 2007

王鹏 wrote:
> If you create a file name of 渋谷.txt on your FC7 system. I see スツテォ.txt
> on the XP side?

Try not to "top post".  Makes it hard to follow.

I create 渋谷.txt on the linux side and via a samba share can see 渋谷.txt
in "Explorer" on the Windows XP side.

Your second message indicated that your FC side has LANG is set to
ja_JP.ujis.  I would suggest that you set it to ja_JP.UTF-8 and retest.

As I mentioned...  I have my LANG environment variable set to en_US.UTF-8.

You may also want to test with LANG=ja.SJIS.

--
evil hackers from Serbia.