Mat fedora at voxmobili.com
Thu Dec 20 07:34:14 UTC 2007

Greetings Fedora users.

I'm currently upgrading a machine from an oooold version of Fedora (core
3) to current. I'm up to FC4 at this point.
I have a I2O raid controller that was working fine in FC3 but for which
no module gets loaded at startup in FC4. Loading the i2o_block module
manually works though.
I don't need the module loaded in the initrd as this isn't for the root
partition, but I can't for the life of me remember how to load it during
startup (before my /data partition gets mounted obviously).
I suppose it's somewhere in modprobe.conf, but beside that...

In case it matters, here's the output from lspci -v for this card:

05:02.1 I2O: Adaptec (formerly DPT) SmartRAID V Controller (rev 02)
(prog-if 01)
    Subsystem: Adaptec (formerly DPT) 2400A UDMA Four Channel
    BIST result: 00
    Memory at dc000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
    [virtual] Expansion ROM at dfb00000 [disabled] [size=32K]

Any help would be much appreciated! :)