kgpg default key

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Dec 20 11:20:43 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:

>> I'm slightly puzzled by this - as far as I can see
>> the wizard that asks this question only comes up
>> if one _doesn't_ have a key set.
>>
>> If you actually have a default key the wizard does not come up,
>> so the question seems sort of pointless.
>
> The point is to ask you to set a default key.  If you have one set, what
> would be the point in asking you to set one?  If you don't, you now have
> the opportunity to set yours.  Whether that just be setting your key in,
> or picking which of your keys is default (if you have several).
>
> You don't have to.  You don't have to have a default key.  You can pick
> a key to use each time it comes to signing/encrypting something.

It doesn't really matter, but you didn't get my point.
>From my limited experience, the wizard only comes up
if you don't have any keys set, ie if you have just started using kgpg,
in which case you can't choose a default key
as there are no keys to choose from.

Perhaps there is some other way of bringing up the wizard.

In any case, the wizard should not ask you to make impossible choices.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366