F8: Kernel update = no Wireless

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Dec 20 22:49:41 UTC 2007

Ivan Virgili wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>> You put a kernel driver in the old kernel that let's your wireless
>> work. Now you need to get a driver for the new kernel. As of now I
>> haven't found anything the new kernel does better, so just go back to
>> the old kernel for now.
>>
>> Karl
>
> Hi Karl,
>
> I updated the kernel many times without having that problem and
> without installing a new driver for the wireless card. Both are RPM
> packages from Fedora anyway.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ivan

    Well it sounds like the kernel people are trying to maintain the
proper functions for your wireless. I have a big old laptop with F7 on
it and I had to get the mad-wify driver from a web page not fedora to
get it to work. It was a pain and I do not upgrade the laptop so it
keeps working :-)

    The guy who told me I was wrong and wanted you to file a bug report
must be a kernel expert. You might do that for him. He may need it.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User