GRUB boot loader

Ivan Virgili ivnmad at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 12:49:12 UTC 2007

Angel Apocalyptic wrote:
> How can i edit my GRUB boot loader?Is it possible to edit in
> graphical?If not,then how?
> I want to remove a os from GRUB.How it possible?I am using Fedora 8.

Hi Angel,

You need to edit /boot/grub/grub.conf
You can delete the section regarding the OS you do not need to boot
anymore. You will have to edit the file as root and can use gedit or any
other graphical editor.

I am not on Fedora 8 at the moment (I am on RHEL 5), therefore I cannot
check it for you, but if I am not mistaken you should also have
something called "Boot loader" under System -> Administration and you
should be able to change some settings and the OS available on you
system through that.

Regards,

Ivan

--