intel 4965agn wireless networking - Fedora 8

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Dec 23 00:46:44 UTC 2007

I am just now setting up a laptop with Fedora 8 and I haven't the slightest
clue what I'm doing with the wireless networking.  (It works fine with the wired
ethernet cable.)

I have a brand new Belkin F5D7230-4 wireless router and I have, for the moment,
done nothing at all to the wireless settings on it so I believe it should be
"wide open".

When booting up, I get a "FAILED" message when initializing wlan0

When I go to System-Administration-Network and hit "activate" for wlan0, I get
this:  "set failed on device wlan0 invalid argument"

Again, I have no clue what I'm doing here -- I have never tried to set up a
wireless network before.

So.... what do I do now?