Need real beginners kernel exploration advice !?

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sun Dec 23 15:10:39 UTC 2007

Thanks Tod;

All great resources which I have bookmarked and will use.

On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 00:11 -0800, Tod Merley wrote:
> On Dec 22, 2007 1:21 PM, William Case <billlinux at rogers.com> wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > I need a copy of Fedora 8-x64 kernel binary and source plus the kernel
> > documentation.  There used to be a Fedora source page which I can no
> > longer find, at least not anything newer than 2006.
> > --
This may be self-induced confusion, but I thought I remembered a Fedora
source repository from two or three years ago.
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/source/SRPMS/

When I go to the FedoraWiki I cannot find a repository or site for F8
source rpms.

The howtoforge.com site only makes reference to the FC5 and FC6 kernel
srpms.  I have googled and found no Fedora 8 source repository.

Should I get my source (tree?) from the kernel developers (kernel.org)
or does Fedora have a source source?  If so where is it? I would like to
start with a source copy of what my system is already using.

Or, am I searching using the wrong search criteria?
Or, do I have everything all mixed up?

[snip]

--
Regards Bill