cannot get laptop panel brightness

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Mon Dec 24 06:49:07 UTC 2007

> > Which mentions this:
> >
> > http://fnfx.sourceforge.net/index.php?section=doc
> >
> > Which may offer some hope for your problem.
> >
> > Good Hunting
> >
> > Tod
> >

> Thanks. I had run across some info on Debian and Fedora but had not
> found the sourceforge site. I will check it out and report back.
>
> Rick B.

The fnfx sourceforge site appears to be very old. It did say I needed to
have /proc/acpi/toshiba showing - but this appears to be outdated. The
key is in having fnfx. Using yum, for Fedora 8 there is an fnfx package.
Installing it and rebooting (probably not really necessary but I'm not
sure how to restart acpi - although I guess I could have done it from
services). Anyway, now brightness works on the Toshiba Satellite A15
S-129 under Fedora 8. Thanks to Tod for finding the fnfx site.

Rick B.