mysql issue on Fedora 7

Simon Andrews simon.andrews at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Dec 24 11:25:14 UTC 2007

jlwallen at monkeypantz.net wrote:
> I know there is probably a better place to post this but I am at my wits end.
>
> I am running F7 with a website running Drupal and eGroupware. Both of
> these rely on MySQL 5.0.45-1.fc7 (obviously). I set up the databases on
> phpmyadmin.
>
> yesterday i was attempting to install a booking software and had to run a
> Bundle update on CPAN. after I ran that here's what is now happening.
>
> *the only way Drupal and eGroupware can connect to the database is if i
> start the database with the "mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables --user=root
> &" command.
> *when i log into phpmyadmin as the root user i am getting the "No
> privileges" error.

This isn't by any chance a system you've updated to F7 from something
earlier?  You can get strange permission errors the first time you try
to change the grant tables after a version update.

To see if this is the problem try running the:

mysql_fix_priviledge_tables

program (probably as mysql_fix_priviledge_tables --user=root
--password=[your password here])

If that helps then you should probably run the full:

mysql_upgrade

command to sort out any other problems in the install.

Hope this helps

Simon.