fglrx 7.12 resolution problem

Bill LaGrue bill at billlagr.id.au
Mon Dec 24 12:15:41 UTC 2007

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:56:33 +0000
David Hough <fedora at llondel.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 12:42 +0100, Patrick wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 10:00 +0100, Christoph Höger wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > forget about modesetting, somehow fglrx won't accept that. So to
> > > get back my sharp resolution I had to switch to VESA (radeonhd,
> > > we are really waiting for you!)
> >
> > Afaik the widescreen bug (16:9 screens) was noted in the 7.12
> > release notes. Revert to 7.11 if you want your original widescreen
> > resolution back and wait yet another month for the ati developers
> > to fix this appalling regression. Or try the ati or radeonhd
> > driver. The ati driver works fine for me on F8 & a X1300 mobile
> > GPU. Suspend/resume even works properly but it does not have 3D
> > acceleration.
> >
> I bumped my head on this one yesterday. I'm afraid my solution when I
> noted the bug was to swap out my ATI card for my spare nVidia card.
> It's not quite as high spec but at least it lets me use 1680x1050.
>
> Dave

It was most definately noted in the 7.12 release notes. I didn't even
bother trying to install - as soon as I read it, I decided to wait
until next month.

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/catalyst_712_linux.html

Known Issues

The following section provides a brief description of known issues
associated with the latest version of ATI Catalyst™ Linux software
suite. These issues include:
--snip--
# Connecting a display device that supports 1680x1050 to a system
running Linux may result in a maximum display resolution of 1280x1024
only being available
# Custom mode lines in xorg.conf may be ignored by
the fglrx driver