Could not connect to host for smb:// error

craigni no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Mon Dec 24 12:59:09 UTC 2007

This one is driving me *nuts*.  I have a couple of XP machines networked to this Fedora 8 box.  I open Konqueror, click on the System tab, click on Remote Places, click on Samba Shares, and the XP machine names are visible.  I click on a machine name, a tiny wheel spins for a minute, and then I get the error "Could not connect to host for smb://(name)".

smb and nmb daemons are running.  I can bring up a vmware XP virtual machine in Fedora, and access my localhost's home directory.  In vmware, I can completely access the networked XP machines.

I've tried monkeying around with smb.conf in just about any way I can think of, no luck.  Any ideas?

Many TIA,
Craig

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=229509&topic_id=49694&forum=10#forumpost229509
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame craignied at gmail.com.