Http access to SVN, anyone?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Dec 24 12:49:23 UTC 2007

Les Mikesell wrote:

>> I saw the note you mention and took the perverse decision
>> to _install_ the mod_security package.
>> I see now that these messages in the httpd access_log
>> are just repeating more loudly that the PROPFIND method
>> is "not allowed by policy".
>
> That looks specifically like a mod_security error to me.  What happens
> if you 'yum erase mod_security'?

Thanks for your suggestions.
This didn't help.
I already got the error before installing mod_security.
I thought this might give me more information about the error,
but it did not, so I have erased it now.

> If that doesn't help, try adding
> Indexes to the Options permitted (the default settings only allows them
> under /var/www/html) and they might be needed if you are referencing a
> directory - I'm not really sure how webdav handles that.

I've tried adding
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
inside <Location /repos>...</Location> in subversion.conf ,
but this didn't affect the error.

I'm going to read up a bit on WebDAV,
and see if that throws any light on my problem
(which is only theoretical, since I can access my SVN repository
with svnserver).

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366