FC6 to FC7 Upgrade, some package not updated

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Mon Dec 24 14:10:28 UTC 2007

I did an FC6 to FC7 upgrade via yum recently.  The "cleanup" portion of
the upgrade crashed.  I learned from this list to use package-cleanup
--orphans to find all the odd balls.

I've cleaned up most things, but I'm struggling with a few.  For
example, libdvdread still comes from fc6 insted of fc7.  If I attempt to
remove libdvdread, dozens of packages will get removed.  I can certainly
reinstall them, but, I'm wondering if there is another package-cleanup
trick I can use to resolve some of these issues.

Example:

linux# yum list libdvdread
Installed Packages
libdvdread.i386                          0.9.7-4.fc6.at
installed
Available Packages
libdvdread.i386                          0.9.7-2.fc7            fedora

Can I somehow swap out the libdvdread package without deleting it and
all of it's dependencies?

Thanks,

Jim