ClamAv

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 24 23:07:20 UTC 2007

From: "Craig White" <craigwhite at azapple.com>
Sent: Sunday, 2007, December 23 18:32

> On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 16:30 -0800, jdow wrote:

Ah yes - it is part of FC8 and that got me confused that it was an
integral part. But then maybe this message also has me confused:
===8<---
Name        : clamav                       Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 0.91.2                            Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 3.fc7                         Build Date: Mon 29 Oct 2007
07:50:58 AM PDT
Install Date: Fri 02 Nov 2007 06:56:32 AM PDT      Build Host:
xenbuilder4.fedora.phx.redhat.com
Group       : Applications/File             Source RPM:
clamav-0.91.2-3.fc7.src.rpm
Size        : 1104730                          License: GPLv2
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Thu 01 Nov 2007 11:37:50 AM PDT, Key ID
b44269d04f2a6fd2
Packager    : Fedora Project
URL         : http://www.clamav.net
Summary     : End-user tools for the Clam Antivirus scanner
Description :
Clam AntiVirus is an anti-virus toolkit for UNIX. The main purpose of this
software is the integration with mail servers (attachment scanning). The
package provides a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon, a command
line scanner, and a tool for automatic updating via Internet. The programs
are based on a shared library distributed with the Clam AntiVirus package,
which you can use with your own software. The virus database is based on
the virus database from OpenAntiVirus, but contains additional signatures
(including signatures for popular polymorphic viruses, too) and is KEPT UP
TO DATE.
===8<---

Now that really has me fooled thinking that Fedora packaged it. Who did
and how am I reading it incorrectly?

{^_^}