Volume discrepancy between tvtime and other apps

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Dec 25 16:54:27 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 25 December 2007, Tim wrote:
>On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 11:33 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> It never was much of a tv card, veddy veddy poor pix even with 60k
>> microvolts at its input.
>
>What did you do, hang it off the tower?  ;-)

Close enough Tim, I'm only about 2 air miles away from 100k erp on ch5, but
that was in fact the signal levels I measured at the card input from a dish
receiver about 8 feet of cable away.  And it was still snowy on the hauppauge
card.  Bin time, it also picked up all sorts of digital noises in the
computer, doing that directly from the first install gitgo.  My pcHDTV-3000
card is 100x the card the hauppauge ever was, the only obvious fly in the
cream is that due to the much more selective filtering of the digital cards
if stages, the NTSC analogue performance suffers from a very noticeable group
delay that the same signal on ch6, our digital channel doesn't suffer from.
Most cable systems are as bad, so its a shrug.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

   -- Gareth Barnard