Volume discrepancy between tvtime and other apps

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Dec 26 09:53:52 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 03:03 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Here in a market of this size & ranking, things get done on the cheap
> if at all possible.  But then you've been to this dog & pony show
> yourself, so that shouldn't surprise you. :)  Management thinks they
> can buy that mask filter with a phone call and a check with delivery
> Tuesday, so they're not listening when I say it should be on order now
> because of manufacturing lead times.

Up at Mount Lofty, where our TV transmitters are, there was some device
in one of the racks that was particularly prone to transmitted RF
getting into it and disrupting its operation.  There was a quick fix
applied, and I'm told, one that remained in place for many years:

They took one of those bags that roasted chickens are sold in (with foil
on the inside, paper on the outside, and plastic wrap sandwiched
between), turned it inside out, and sat the device inside it.  It
worked, and worked well, so that's how things stayed until someone saw
fit to do a better looking job.  ;-)

I was thinking, though, that perhaps your initial issue, with the tuner
not working even with a high signal level, might have suffered from too
much signal.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.