Sound Problem

zephod at cfl.rr.com zephod at cfl.rr.com
Wed Dec 26 15:34:01 UTC 2007

---- Frank Chiulli <frankc.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an updated F8 box.  I did a fresh install preserving /home.  I
> have a Sound Blaster Live! card installed.  It worked fine under F7.
>
> I'm having problems with sound.

I had a similar problem with my SB Audigy card.

Do you have Pulseaudio installed?

If so, do you have a Pulseaudio output stream when you play some sound?

If both of these things are true, then right click on the Pulseaudio output stream and try selecting a different channel. I had two channels available; with one I hear sounds but with the other I do not. Guess which one was selected as the default.

Hope this helps,
Steve