windows and linux

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 16:33:37 UTC 2007

On Dec 26, 2007 11:11 AM, Adel ESSAFI <adel.safi at esstt.rnu.tn> wrote:
> Dear list
> any one can help me to find an information about statistics about the
> linux and windows presence on PC. I heard that 98% of PC contain windows!!!
> is it true please?
> regards
> Adel
>
> --

Check out http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php

Looks like they have a fairly large sampling pool to arrive at their
stats.  It sounds more representative than anything else I've seen to
date.  However results can be skewed if the 6,000+ sites have content
that tend to favour visitors with a particular profile (i.e. more
Linux sites, more Apple sites, or more Windows sites - if they are
using relatively neutral sites that provide content compatible across
all then that would help ensure a more accurate representation).

Jacques B.