urxvt acting up

Jeff Krebs jkrebs at tconl.com
Wed Dec 26 19:01:26 UTC 2007

* lostson (lostson at lostsonsvault.org) wrote:

>  Hello
>  I saw this morning there was an update to urxvt and I updated, now when starting urxvt it pops the window up but prompt for about 10 - 15 seconds or until i click inside the terminal window. Anyone else seeing this and if so is there a fix, thanks.
>
> --
> lostson <lostson at lostsonsvault.org>

It's a changing focus bug, i.e., change focus to something else after
closing the window.

This was fixed on cvs after 8.8, and should be part of the 8.9 release.

The repos just need updating :)

I'll quote from the urxvt mailing list:

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 10:30:19PM +0100, Benedikt Waldvogel
<NOSPAM at bwaldvogel.de> wrote:
> since 8.8 I experience the same problem. Sometimes the windows closes
> after 0.5s, sometimes it stays for 15s.

This is fixed in CVS, urxvt needs to receive some event, so moving the
focus, opening another window etc. will close the window.

--
               	The choice of a       Deliantra, the free code+content
MORPG
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com