F8: Kernel update = no Wireless

Ivan Virgili ivnmad at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 20:57:58 UTC 2007

John W. Linville-2 wrote:

> Please try the -86.fc8 kernel:

Hi John,

I just want you to know that since I installed -86.fc8 my connection info
shows a max speed of 54 Mb/s (that is the max speed of the USB wireless
key), whereas in the past it always showed 1 Mb/s.
In effect, the speed has improved, because it is not limited anymore (my
broadband goes up to 8 Mb/s).
I am not an expert to be able to check why that happened, but I can assure
you that I have not changed any settings on my system at all since I
installed the new kernel, therefore that might have something to do with how
the driver is loaded or something similar, unless some of the updates I
downloaded since have something to do with that.

The above might be not useful information for you, but I thought it was
still worth sending you this email.

Ivan

-----
Ivan Virgili