Need a fetchmail guru (JoAnne D.?) who's been using it to pop his/her gmail

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 21:07:14 UTC 2007

Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> Cuz then I'd have to read lkml from firefox, whereas everything is now
>>> handled by kmail.  Habits are hard to break.
>> I'm missing something here.  Why can't you send everything to gmail and
>> read from anywhere with any mailer that does imap?  I'm still using
>> fetchmail and my own imap server but only because I set it up before
>> gmail supported imap.
>
> I have embarked on the journey to imap on 2 or 3 occasions here, but have
> totally failed to make kmail, running as a normal user, even find the imap
> repo.  And its a possibility I didn't have that setup correctly either.
> There needs to be an 'Imap for big dummies' book written I guess.

I'm not sure if you are interested in switching to thunderbird (I like
it because it is approximately the same across the linux/mac/windows
boxes I use and with IMAP can see all the same mailboxes).

http://lifehacker.com/software/geek-to-live/turn-thunderbird-into-the-ultimate-gmail-imap-client-314574.php

But, anything that follows the standard should work.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com