how to jigdo download a fedora 8 re-spin in one easy step?

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Thu Dec 27 04:26:28 UTC 2007

In using the jigdo-lite CLI interface, how does one know how much
"progress" has been made in constructing the overall .iso?

In my case I decided to use the "Everything" .jigdo file and just
download all three DVDs from scratch (since I'm not in a hurry).  n I
have three jigdo-lite's running in parallel on my machine pumping
stuff into three directories.  But in each case, it pre-allocated the
space for the entire .iso so I can't tell from its size how much has
been downloaded.  The other assorted files in each dir don't seem to
help much either.

The individual wget's each have a progress meter but they are for
_that_ particular call to wget, not for the whole .iso.

Ideas?

Dean