how to jigdo download a fedora 8 re-spin in one easy step?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Dec 27 08:11:54 UTC 2007

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007, David Boles wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Wednesday 26 December 2007, Beartooth Sciurivore wrote:
> >
> > Beartooth: The gui is broken, as the docs we *do* have clearly
> > say.  Use the cli, jigdo-lite version.  Its been broken since it
> > release in 2004 or 2005, and no one to my knowledge has touched it
> > with an eye toward fixing it.
>
> There is no working GUI for jigdo. And, IMO, one is not really
> needed. Jigdo-lite 0.7.3 is *not* broken. I have this theory. If it
> ain't broke - - don't fix it.  ;-)

i tweaked the wiki page to emphasize that, yes, it *is* the jigdo-lite
command that you run -- that wasn't a typo, as a couple commenters
might have thought.

and i added the commands to unmount the DVD from under /media and
remount it under /mnt to get around the issue with the initial mount
point having embedded spaces, for those who aren't familiar with
manually mounting media.

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Getting_Fedora_respins_with_Jigdo

rday

Robert P. J. Day