Stop anacron?

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Thu Dec 27 12:30:15 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 11:39 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>         Do you boot F8 at 03:00 with  anacron enabled?  If you do Cron
>         will run at 04:02 [perhaps] and then about an hour later Anacron
>         will run, and both will be logged.  This problem has persisted
>         through several Fedora distributions in the default condition.
>
>         There may be something I need to set to stop anacron if cron has
>         already run but I have not found it.  As I said it's a very
>         minor annoyance, I just thought there might be a fix that others
>         were aware of.
>
>         Bob Goodwin

I think you have it backwards: if you log in at 2:00, anacron will run
at about 3:30, and then cron will run at about 4:00.  Anyway that's what
my logs for today show.  (Don't ask me why I logged in at 2:00; it's too
depressing (8-( ).

If cron runs first, anacron will not redo the jobs that anacron has
already run that day, but

If anacron runs first, cron *will* redo the jobs that anacron has
already run.