how to jigdo download a fedora 8 re-spin in one easy step?

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Dec 27 15:10:21 UTC 2007

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:
>

>> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>

>>> p.s.  it's still not clear if jigdo-lite is capable of using the
>>> mount point that is automatically created by inserting the
>>> original DVD, given that the mount point name has embedded spaces,
>>> which is why i suggest that you need to unmount the DVD, then
>>> manually mount it back under something like /mnt.
>>>
>>> has anyone got this to work using the original mount point, which
>>> is something like "/media/Fedora 8 x86_64 DVD"?  that would
>>> simplify things.
>>>

>>    Hi Rday, it looks to me like /media/"Fedora 8 x86_64 DVD" should work. It
>> is what you do when using basic tools.
>>
>> Karl
>>

> i tried that and other quoted variations, and none of them worked for
> me.  are you saying it worked for you?  how odd.
>
> rday
> --
> Robert P. J. Day
> Linux Consulting, Training and Annoying Kernel Pedantry
> Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA
>
> http://crashcourse.ca

    No! I was trying "" and it took it and started to d/l the new
packages so I thought it was happy. It was not. So it gave me a chance,
since it spit out what I sent, and I gave it just /media/ and it ran the
DVD and d/l a lot of files and then just died.

    The place it was putting things had just the d/l rpm files. It
didn't work for me at all.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI