Fedora Cookbook: The Broadcom wireless recipe.

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Dec 27 16:28:25 UTC 2007

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007, Vivek J. Patankar wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Broadcom_wireless_on_Fedora_8
> > feedback appreciated.
>
> The method worked flawlessly for me, except that I followed instructions  from
> http://fedoramobile.org/fc-wireless/bcm43xx-yum-extras
> I have an Acer Aspire 5004 with a bcm4318 chip.

hmmmm ... i note that that page strongly recommends the use of
NetworkManager.  not that long ago, people were complaining about how
it didn't work very well.  perhaps i'll have to take another look at
it but, for now, since it doesn't seem critical, i just leave it out
of the mix.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA