Installing from the 3 DVD fedora 8 "Everything" re-spin [ANSWERED]

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Dec 28 13:15:19 UTC 2007

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:

>    Ah well, I wonder if you wound up with proper .iso files or were they
> .iso.tmp? And it is not clear to me that jigdo is really working for Fedora
> yet.
>
> Karl

  why do you keep doing this, karl?  as far as i can tell, jigdo works
just fine, as others have verified, as long as you do the right thing.
the difference in the two files above is that, while jigdo is still
populating your ISO image, you'll have a .iso.tmp file.  once it's
complete and there's nothing more to add, jigdo will verify that the
ISO image seems to be good, and will rename it to .iso.

  in short, as long as jigdo is building the image and the file has a
suffix of .iso.tmp, it's *not* *finished* *yet*.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://crashcourse.ca