Fedora 8 user logo

Gerry Tool gerrytool at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 14:33:59 UTC 2007

On Dec 26, 2007 9:40 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:

> Has anyone successfully set up a user logo
> which appears on the login page when starting up Fedora 8?
>
> I have set the logo in KDE on going to
> Control Center=>System Administration=>Login Manager=>Users
> (in Administrative Mode), choosing a User and User Image.
>
> The image appears on this page,
> but not on the login page.

I'm not sure of your setup, but I use GDM for login, but KDE desktop.

Insert the image you want in a folder such as /home/<your username>/faces/

Use KDE Menu System > Login Window > Users and check the box labeled
Default face and navigate to the file you want to use.

I'm sure other variations work also.

Gerry