Java problem

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat Dec 29 01:28:24 UTC 2007

On 28Dec2007 16:58, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>> On Fri, 2007-12-28 at 23:39 +0200, eng.waleed wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> I installed the jre from the file jre-6u3-linux-i586-rpm.bin and it
>>> give me done with no prob , but there is no java file in /usr/bin/ ,
>>> can any one suggest some thing about that ?
>> ----
>> look in /usr/java
>>
>> if you know what you want, you can create a symbolic link in /usr/bin
>> but that should never be necessary.
>
> It's too bad that RedHat and Sun can't agree on where java should live.

It's a third party RPM!
Of course it should install out of the way!
That way you can use Sun's RPM or another RPM, or both!

> For earlier versions of fedora, jpackage.org had a way to fix this
> breakage, but they seem to have stopped at FC6.

Maybe there should be something in /etc/alternatives...
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

I could make tons of mispellings, punctuation errors, and grammatical errors
and still write more understandable English because I do it in the same
manner as Americans who were born in the USA and have lived here for many
years.  - Audio Engineer <acoustic at world.std.com>