New tzdata

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sat Dec 29 22:17:48 UTC 2007

Martin Marques wrote:
> Will there be a new tzdata available as tonight, and by a new law, we
> will have a daylight hour change in Argentina?
>
> Debian has already made the changes:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/t/tzdata/current/changelog.html

Oo er - even worse than the Western Australian govt. We had more than
three days.

Presumably El Pres will figure it's not quite so easy when Windows
doesn't get updated:-)

As an emergency measure, you can do what I did last year - copy the file
(or the file the link points to if it's a symlink) /etc/localtime around
your systems.

It worked for me between Debian, SUSE and RH/Fedora systems and clones,
and even to Mac OS X on G4 PowerPC.

Windows systems I coped with by turning them off.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait