Contributing a new package

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sun Dec 30 00:31:41 UTC 2007

Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> Is this the correct list to discuss the possibility of contributing a
> new package to Fedora Linux? If not, where would be more appropriate?
>
> I took a look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate#ML, but I'm
> still not clear in my mind. Fedora-devel-list sounds like a possibility.

I'd say fedora-devel would be fine.  If you have a specific question
regarding packaging, you might also use the fedora-packaging list,
which doesn't seem to be listed on the wiki page you referenced.  It's
at http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-packaging though.

There are, of course, numerous contributors on this list that may be
able to help you too.  That might even help answer similar questions
other folks here may have, and get a few more people to become
contributors. :)

People who make history know nothing about history. You can see that
in the sort of history they make.
    -- G. K. Chesterton