[Fedora] Seeing input on Securing the Linux system from intrusions and attacks.

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Dec 30 14:25:06 UTC 2007

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:58:25 +1030
Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> But
> the world is full of Windows users who think that if they keep on doing
> the same things, perhaps Windows will do something different on the next
> attempt.

But is is true! How many times has tech support told people to
just "reinstall"? And the absurd thing is that it frequently works.

It always boggles my mind that the simple act of copying the
software from the installation source onto the system can be
so complicated that it will randomly fail and simply doing the
exact same installation a 2nd time immediately following the
first can succeed.

If computers are so unreliable that they can't even install software,
how can we expect anything to work once it is installed?