how to jigdo download a fedora 8 re-spin in one easy step?

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Dec 30 17:11:46 UTC 2007

Jacques B. wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>> Would you prefer instructions like this?
>>>
>>> How to fuel your car.
>>>
>>> 1) Drive to the fueling station
>>> 2) Pull up to the fuel pump.
>>> 3) Place the transmission in Park
>>> 4) Turn off the engine.
>>> 5) Remove the key
>>> 6) Unbuckle your seatbelt
>>> 7) ...
>>>
>>> Shall I go on? Or.
>>>
>>> 1) Drive to the fueling station
>>> 2) Fuel your car
>>> 3) Pay for the fuel
>>> 4) Leave
>>>
>>> You already know the other parts.  ;-)
>>>
>>> It, Linux, is not always easy. But I think that sometimes users actually
>>> make it harder for themselves.
>>> - --
>>>

>>>   David

>>     It is somewhat more difficult if the subject is unknown and steps to
>> get it are unknown and you do not know what it does. This is typical of
>> Fedora when you first see it.
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> --
>>
>>         Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>>

> How about prefixing the tutorial with a note stating that the tutorial
> assumes that the end user already knows basic command line usage (i.e.
> pressing ENTER when told to enter a command, that # means root and $
> means regular user, etc) or whatever other pre-required knowledge the
> author assumes/requires in order to properly use the tutorial?
>
> I've written a few guides and in them included a Foreword in which it
> states the target audience of the guide (hence the pre-required
> knowledge that is required to properly benefit from the guide).
>
> Jacques B.

    I hold a PHD in Electrical Engineering. My PHD thesis was written so
my wife could at least read it (she typed it long before computers). I
didn't say you have to have a PHD in EE to read it. But you did and they
who read it all were :-)

    Alas the world has past me by. People now want a basic instruction
they can read and understand. Come to think of it that is how College
level books are written. Strange?

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI