lite-scribe question.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Dec 30 17:27:20 UTC 2007

On Sunday 30 December 2007, Alan wrote:
>On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 11:43 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 11:24:56 -0600
>>
>> Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
>> > But if the printer and ink were cheap,
>> > it sounds like it could be better and cheaper than using lite scribe.
>>
>> I don't think there is such a thing as cheap Inkjet printer ink.
>>
>> For several years I have been a big believer in laser printers.  They are
>> cheap now (even colour lasers), the per-page cost is a tiny fration of an
>> inkjet, and they don't dry out if they aren't used for a while.
>
>The discs are cheap, not the ink for the printer.
>
>Using a color laser printer on plastic would be *BAD*.  The fuser on the
>printer would melt the media.

I rather assumed that, one of the reasons I've not considered one, the other
being that when it comes time to replace the toner carts, bring a little red
wagon load of change from the coin op laundromat you'll have to own in order
to finance the replacement carts.

OTOH, a full set of tanks for my C82 is in the range of 100 USD, so maybe it
would even out.  I would have to admit that the color output of a color HP
office sized laser is pretty good, if you don't mind orangeish reds.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)