Installing Fedora without Gnome using the DVD

Michael C sieverfrisch at yahoo.ie
Sun Dec 30 19:26:19 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Michael C wrote:
>> Thanks. But having unwittingly installed Gnome, would I then be able
>> to remove it with
>> yum groupremove "GNOME Desktop Environment"
>> ?
>
> Sure. That's always possible.
>
> Rahul

I've had a look into this, and it seems that the command removes a fair
bit more than just Gnome ;)

Just as a matter of interest, if I were to install Fedora 8 using the
KDE Live Media CD, would there be any means of controlling the fonts and
font sizes used by Gtk apps other than via
(i) the gtk-qt-engine, which currently causes havoc in OpenOffice by
making icons and menu entries disappear, or through
(ii) the Gnome Control Center, which is a component part of, erm, Gnome...?